Tuesday, December 22, 2009

saw this post while reading xiao shuo

very touching letter...

a thank you letter written by Cha In Pyo to his wife Shin Ae Ra

What have you been doing?

After six years of marriage, I have already become a bad husband.

I became a thoughtless husband, didn't I?

Take for example, when I said, "I am going to run in a marathon; could you cook some rice cake for me early in the morning?"

Yet, you can't run on the treadmill for five minutes without panting.

We got married when we were so young; why then can I exercise so well?

While you were doing all those things, you worried about my skin condition and took me to a dermatology clinic for a massage and to a department store where you bought me some blue jeans so I can look young.

You have been so willing to be a mid-wife, yet you have tried so hard to make me look like a bachelor

You used to joke that you have two sons, and the older one has been harder to raise.

When we were newlyweds, I promised you that I would be a guardian angel for you.

Now, after six years of marriage, I realize that I have become your oldest son.

I am so sorry. It's true that I am so very happy that I am your oldest child, but it must not be easy for you.

From now on you will be my precious darling.

I don't think that I can be as good to you as you have been to me, but I can be your father

a father who tries so very, very hard.

Do you remember what I said to you when you asked me at the time of our marriage, “How much do you love me?” You remember, don't you?

I told you, “I love you endlessly.”

Now I would like to change that answer.

Here is my answer: I love you more than last year, I love you more than yesterday,

I will love you even more tomorrow.

Darling, do you know that you already resemble my dear mother?

I want you to know that I will be next to you for a long, long time to come.

I know, my love, that you will have a long and fulfilling life.

In that way, I can love you more, and more, and more...now and always.

Published in the Korea Daily News

Cr: Translated by Nunim


really like this loving couple...6years have passed and they are still loving and doing charity together

I used to rmb what shin ae ra told hb that men are always like children. Even though she have 2 children, she always tot that she have 3

No comments: